Amaretti con frutta corretti (Italian amaretti with candied fruits)
Amaretti con frutta corretti
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: approximately 10-12 minutes
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 cups of Almond Flour
- 25 ml of Almond Extract
- 25 ml of Sambuca Liquor
- Coarse sugar for coating
- 12 red maraschino cherries (rinsed, dried and cut in half)
- 12 green maraschino cherries (rinsed, dried and cut in half)
- 24 white roasted almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take 2 of the three eggs and seperate the egg white from the yolk . Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites until you achieve peaks; set aside.
- Take the 2 egg yolks, along with the last egg, and mix with 1 cup of sugar, beat with a paddle mixer for about 3-5 minutes.
- To the mix add the egg whites (Step 1), the remaining cup of sugar, the almond flour, mix in the almond extract and the sambuca (alternately with flour). Mix for about 3-5 minutes.
- With the help of a small ice cream scooper, form into 1 inch balls. Immediately after, roll in the coarse sugar and place 2 inches apart on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once on the tray, top each cookie with your choice of red or green maraschino cherries or simply top with a whole almond.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!
This recipe was contributed by Alex Villalta : "The easiest and most satisfying Amaretto cookie ever made."
Submit your family Recipes to Panoram Italia. The best ones might even get published in our Magazine: email@example.com
RELATED ARTICLES & WINE PAIRING
By Sandra Laux, Mangiabenepasta.com
Cavatelli with broccoli is a simple Italian pasta dish that is sure to become a family favorite.
Cavatelli are a type of pasta that are about 1 inch in length with a rolled edge and resemble tiny hot dog buns. You can purchase them dried or frozen. Many of the traditional recipes for Broccoli Cavatelli simply saute the broccoli with the garlic in olive oil. This recipe adds some chicken broth and butter, which add another dimension to the dish. Give it a try, we find that it's not as oily as the traditional recipe.