Amaretti con frutta corretti (Italian amaretti with candied fruits)
Amaretti con frutta corretti
Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: approximately 10-12 minutes
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 cups of Almond Flour
- 25 ml of Almond Extract
- 25 ml of Sambuca Liquor
- Coarse sugar for coating
- 12 red maraschino cherries (rinsed, dried and cut in half)
- 12 green maraschino cherries (rinsed, dried and cut in half)
- 24 white roasted almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take 2 of the three eggs and seperate the egg white from the yolk . Using an electric beater, beat the egg whites until you achieve peaks; set aside.
- Take the 2 egg yolks, along with the last egg, and mix with 1 cup of sugar, beat with a paddle mixer for about 3-5 minutes.
- To the mix add the egg whites (Step 1), the remaining cup of sugar, the almond flour, mix in the almond extract and the sambuca (alternately with flour). Mix for about 3-5 minutes.
- With the help of a small ice cream scooper, form into 1 inch balls. Immediately after, roll in the coarse sugar and place 2 inches apart on a cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once on the tray, top each cookie with your choice of red or green maraschino cherries or simply top with a whole almond.
- Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!
This recipe was contributed by Alex Villalta : "The easiest and most satisfying Amaretto cookie ever made."
Submit your family Recipes to Panoram Italia. The best ones might even get published in our Magazine: firstname.lastname@example.org
RELATED ARTICLES & WINE PAIRING