• 5 mixed tomatoes, thickly sliced
• 10 mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
• 10 sheets store-bought phyllo dough, thawed
* Tip: When working with tissue-thin phyllo sheets, it is recommended to keep the dough covered with a damp tea towel so it does not dry out and crack while you are handling it.
• Extra Virgin Olive oil, for bushing plus 2 tablespoons for drizzling
• 500 gr sheep’s milk ricotta
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 1 1/2 cup grated ricotta salata
• 5 leaves of fresh basil
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Preheat oven at 400° F. In a large bowl, place ricotta, lemon zest, 1 cup of grated ricotta salata, cracked black pepper and mix to combine. Set aside. Line a greased 10 x 15” cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lay one sheet of phyllo on the prepared pan and brush with olive oil. Repeat this step with the remaining phyllo sheets.
Evenly spread the ricotta mixture over the pastry and bake for 20 minutes or until the pasty is golden; keep a close eye on it. Top with tomatoes, fresh basil, minced garlic, a sprinkle of salt, cracked black pepper, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and the remaining grated ricotta salata. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Submit your family Recipes to Panoram Italia. The best ones might even get published in our Magazine: email@example.com