1 cup of all-purpose flour
• 1 cup of milk
• 30 ml of vinegar
• 3 tbsp. of sugar
• 1 tsp. of baking soda
• 2 tsp. of baking powder
• 3 tbsp. of melted butter
• 1 pinch of kosher salt
• ½ of a vanilla bean
Whipped vanilla butter ingredients
¼ cup of milk
• 250 ml of softened butter
1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to sour.
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk butter into soured milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with unsalted butter. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
Whipped vanilla butter instructions
1. Let butter soften and beat in the ¼ cup of milk with vanilla bean until fluffy.
2. With a small ice cream scooper, scoop out one ball and place over the stack of pancakes.
3. Drizzle with good quality maple syrup and serve.